Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Body's Revenge", and "Oats Fight Back!"

Grrrr….angry, aren’t ya?

I’m convinced my body is still punishing me for the way I treated it this past weekend on my trip to Montreal with Alexis and Jessica…let’s just say some things that I normally do not go NEAR entered my body in large quantities at a fast rate! (To clarify: I am not referring to any illegal substances. ha!)

And, rightly so. I’ve been treating it very well the past couple months and so clearly this would be a shock to the system! However, I had no idea that this “detox” would go on for so many days, but I really think my body’s weirdness lately has had something to do with it!

Saturday night = Groggy, tired. Stomach blahs. Tossed and turned in bed.

Sunday = Sick to stomach. No appetite. Tossed and turned in bed.

Monday = Woke up at 6:40am. Sore knees. Fatigue. Tossed and turned in bed.

Tuesday = Woke up at 4:40am. Fatigue. Major blahs and icky food cravings.

Did you see that? I woke up at twenty to five in the morning. Attempted to sleep, but felt too twitchy. Decided to lay in bed an listen to my ipod in the hopes of falling back asleep. At 5:15 I was still awake and my tummy was rumbling. Ugh!

Got up. What else am I going to do? I thought I might as well get an early start and maybe try and cram some work in before I went to school to meet Milena (to talk about yoga/india!) at 9:15.

Clumsily made steel cut oats. Really clumsily. I dropped a few things, spilled stuff, cracked my egg yolk into the white and had to try and spoon it out….ugh. Tried the “pumpkin pie” twist – adding in canned pumpkin and spices.

It was super ehhhhrwwwhrhehhh. And that is my expression to state that it was pretty…bleeehhh…the pumpkin made the texture….pumpkiny. It was too much of the wrong texture and the pumpkin taste was too overpowering. And it made SO much. Again, my 1/4 c oats, 1/2 c almond milk and pumpkin expanded to over 2 cups of oatmeal! I think this has something to do with soaking the oats overnight – they expand a LOT more.

Anyway, I ate it, and felt ok as I fininshed, but afteward started to feel super full, my belly felt all distended and gross!Looks like my body had perhaps finally said: “TOO MUCH OATMEAL!” (Isn’t it ironic?)

I was starting to yawn again though, so I tried rolling back into bed at about 6:30. Finally…SLEEP!

I woke up again at 8AM when my alarm went off. Still felt gross.

Since then today has just been super off! I haven’t had much of an appetite but have been having all these weird food cravings (ie. popcorn, curry) that I don’t normally have.

I went to the gym in the afternoon but after a 30-min full-body workout on the True Total Body Trainer (which, by the way, make you look like a total idiot as you stand on the sides and push/pull the handles…oh man….)….I was DONE. I wrapped up with a few quick pushups, crunches and stretches, and then I essentially let my mind melt for 20 minutes in the sauna. That was nice.

Tonight has been uneventful. I have to get cracking on my work. I just have no motivation whatsoever. It’s the worst feeling. I’m going to have to start isolating myself at St. Paul’s library again…it’s so nice and quiet and small, and walking distance to my house…it’s the only thing that works!

Okay. I’m going to post this, close my window, and bring up my good ol’ media coding sheets. Waaahhhh….

Oh, and for the record, tomorrow I am not having oats. I think I’m going to go for a good ol’ bagel with pb instead. haha.

*cross your fingers my body decides to stop hating me. soon.*

[Via http://briogusto.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment